SBI PO Exams will be on 29th January 2021: Prepare Now
State Bank of India or SBI conducts an SBI PO recruitment exam once a year. This exam offers the job opportunity to all the banking aspirants for the post of probationary officer in several branches throughout the country. It is carried out in three phases as prelims, mains, and interviews. This article will serve to be a beneficial resource to all those who are preparing to qualify for the SBI Mains PO Exam.
Details About SBI PO Mains Exam
|Application Filling Starting Date||November 14, 2020|
|Application Filling End Date||December 4, 2020|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of “Mains” Exam||Online|
|Date of Mains Exam||January 29, 2021|
|Date Of Announcement Of Mains Exam Result||Last week of February, 2021|
SBI PO Mains Exam Pattern
|Name Of The Subject||No. Of Questions||Duration Of The Test|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||60|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||45|
|Total Marks: 200||Total Questions: 155||Total Duration: 180 minutes or 3 hours|
Ways To Prepare For SBI PO Main Exam
Candidates who successfully pass the Prelims exam, have to sit for the mains exam. The candidates who get shortlisted for the mains exam will be called to sit for the Mains interview. The final merit list is prepared based on the marks obtained by the collective score of the students in “mains” and “personal interview”.
As the Mains exam is tougher than the Prelims, the candidate will need to do thorough revision and get more accuracy to succeed in the exam. To crack the exam, it is important to understand the exam pattern and follow the right study plan that includes referring to the right books and solving mock tests, and sample papers regularly.
Here are some useful tips that will assist in exam preparation:
- When preparing a study plan, it is important to allocate a better allocation of time to each subject. Focus more on weaker sections of the syllabus.
- To score well in general knowledge banking awareness, a candidate should read monthly current affairs magazines, and newspapers regularly to update their knowledge.
- To enhance their time management skills, candidates should properly understand the exam pattern, marks allocation, and marking scheme, etc. Solving mock tests, previous year’s exam papers, etc. will all help in revision and enhancing your speed. Solving 3-4 papers daily will improve preparation and increase your chances for qualifying for the exam.
- Always revise studying the entire syllabus once. Prepare short notes of important topics and a checklist of formulas for quick glances.
- There is no alternative to practice. The more you practice, the more skilled and confident you will become.
- Exam preparation can cause a lot of stress and anxiety. Candidates mustn’t neglect their sleep. Daily meditation and the right diet are highly recommended. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
- At the time of solving questions, it is important to attempt easy questions first. As it is a time-based exam, do not spend much time on a single one question.
Best Books For The Preparation of SBI PO 2020 Mains Exam
The selection of the study material has immense importance in the preparation of the SBI PO Exam. You will find several books from different authors under different publications in the market. To save from confusion, we have provided the following books for the preparation of the SBI PO.
|Name Of The Book||Name Of The Author|
|Quantum CAT||Sarvesh Verma|
|Guide to Banking General Awareness||R.Gupta|
|English Language||Wren & Martin|
|Essential English Grammar||Murphy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
|Data interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggrawal|